History of The Affiliates
We are very proud of our contributions and of having a good time along the way!
As the original Friends Group there are plenty of historical references!
- The Late 1950's
- The Early 1960's
- Local Support
- East Field House and Colleges
- Affiliates and the Community
- Friends Groups
- University Center
May 10 - Research Into Local Oceanographic Issues
- Speaker Gary Griggs
- Distinguished Professor of Earth Sciences
- Director, Institute of Marine Sciences
- Library at the Center for Ocean Education, Long Marine Lab
- Join us at 10:30 AM
The Affiliates Current Events!
April 20 - Guided Tour of Old Holy Cross Cemetery
- Tour Begins at 11:00 AM
- Tour by our very own Jim Franks
- Come by the Old Holy Cross Cemetery
- Jim has turned a neglected field into a historical beautiful park
We invite you to support The Affiliates' Scholarship Fund.
Each year, The Affiliates of the University of California, Santa Cruz, award scholarships to deserving local students.
Donations, membership dues and participation in fundraising events help to support these students who otherwise might not be able to afford to attend UC Santa Cruz.
Our online giving form Donate Button is available for your convenience.
The Affiliates of the University of California, Santa Cruz is the oldest campus support group and forms a vital link to our community.
We provide annual scholarships to local students who might not otherwise have the opportunity to attend UC Santa Cruz.
The Affiliates not only give to the university community; we plan monthly events and receive special benefits as well.
The Planning Committee plans access to the UCSC campus and special tours of its unique and varied departments.
We share in the UCSC calendar of events with updates on films, plays, music, dance, art exhibits and lectures that we might attend.
Our greatest delight is in meeting
- New community members
- Very special students
- Faculty from around the world
We look forward to your continued interest in becoming an Affiliate!
Become an Affiliate of the University of California, Santa Cruz.
The Affiliates come from a variety of backgrounds but have one thing in common: a belief in higher education and UCSC.
The Affiliates enjoy many opportunities:
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the wonderful facilities the campus has to offer
- Informed discussions led by faculty and staff
- Touring the beautiful gardens at the Arboretum
- Getting to know each other at our annual Garden Party, Scholarship luncheon and other various receptions and events
The Affiliates holds monthly meetings of the Planning Committee and the Board of Directors.
We welcome your contribution to our continuing dialog while planning events, making friends and having fun!
Affiliates Membership Dues
- $25 - Single
- $35 - Couple
- $20 - Senior Single
- $30 - Senior Couple
Membership begins July 1 and ends June 30 the following year.
Each year, The Affiliates award scholarships to deserving local students.
Affiliates meet together as a group, as couples, or individuals for use of:
- Various Campus Colleges for Presentations
- The UCSC Pool and Sports Facilities
- The Libraries
- Farm & Garden Project
- Lick Observatory
- Seymour Center at Long Marine Lab
- The Recital Hall
- The Performing Arts Center
The Affiliates are reaching out to the Community in town and with our Friends on Campus:
- To Promote Cultural and Academic Awareness
- Create a Bridge Between Town and Campus
- Offer Events for Intellectual and Friendship Comradery